Oklahoma Mechanical Engineering Schools

Mechanical Engineering Schools in Oklahoma

There are seven schools in Oklahoma that can help you meet your goal of becoming a mechanical engineer. There is one school with a certificate program and two schools with Associate’s degree programs. Five schools offer Bachelor’s degree programs and Master’s degrees, while three schools have PhD programs.

There are so many different degree choices that it’s important to choose a degree that can help you meet your goals. A certificate program in engineering is typically reserved for high school students that want to begin earning college credits while still in high school. Students can attend this certificate program for three years.

An Associate’s degree in mechanical engineering should take about two years to complete. It involves completing 60 credits of engineering and general education courses. A Bachelor’s degree is the minimum degree required for licensure. This option takes about four to five years, and you have to earn 120 to 140 credits.
Some of the courses you may have to take as an engineering student include Introduction to Mechanical Engineering, Thermodynamics, and Fluid Mechanics.

A Master’s degree requires two years of full-time study after your Bachelor’s degree program. Earning a PhD typically takes five to seven years.

The average cost of tuition in Oklahoma is $10,600. However, it is important to note that tuition costs differ significantly between schools. You may be able to lower your school costs by applying for various grants and scholarships.

The Oklahoma Engineering Foundation awards scholarships to multiple engineering students each school year. In order to be considered for scholarship, your application must be received by February 15th for the next school year.

Another local provider of engineering scholarships is Oklahoma’s Oil & Natural Gas Producers & Royalty Owners. These scholarships come with significant networking opportunities as well.

In order to work as a mechanical engineer in Oklahoma, you have to get your license from the Oklahoma State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors.
You have to take and pass the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam, which is offered every April and October. After you have met this requirement, you can apply for your license from the board.

Scroll to Top