Massachusetts Electrical Engineering Schools

Are you ready to get into the field of electrical engineering? If you are, there are 23 schools in Massachusetts that can help you reach your goal. Sixteen of these schools offer Associate’s degree programs and Bachelor’s degree programs. There are 13 schools with Master’s degree programs and 10 schools with PhD programs. There is also one school in the state that awards certificates.

Different degrees can help you reach different career goals. A certificate, which takes one year, can prepare you to work as an assistant in this field. An Associate’s degree includes lower-level engineering courses that can prepare you for Bachelor’s-level coursework. If you attend school full-time, you need about two years to earn an Associate’s degree.

A Bachelor’s degree, which includes 120 credits, takes an average of four years to complete. Some of the courses you may have to take include Electronic Circuits, Introduction to Semiconductors, and Communication Systems.

If you want to work in research or teaching, you may need a Master’s degree or PhD. A Master’s degree requires 30 credits in courses like Feedback Control Design and Advanced Processor Architecture. To earn a PhD, you must write and defend a thesis on a specific topic in electrical engineering. This takes an average of seven years.

The average cost of tuition in Massachusetts is $18,600. This is similar to tuition costs in other New England states. However, since there are so many schools in Massachusetts, there is a wide range of tuition costs.

Applying for engineering scholarships can help you save money on your tuition. The Massachusetts High Demand Scholarship is awarded to students for the duration of their education, offering up to $3250 per semester. Another option is the Association of Commercial & Institutional Builders Massachusetts Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to multiple engineering students every year.

After you have graduated from your engineering program, you need to get your license from the Board of Registration of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors. Before you can get your license, you have to pass the Fundamentals of Engineering, which is administered by the NCEES. Once you have met this requirement, you can send your completed application and $150 to the board.

Scroll to Top