New Hampshire Computer Engineering Schools

Computer Engineering Schools in New Hampshire

If you are ready to start a career in computer engineering, you can start by earning a degree from one of the three engineering schools in New Hampshire. All three of these schools have Associate’s degree programs. There is one school with a Bachelor’s program, a Master’s program, and a Ph.D. program.

Associate’s degrees and Bachelor’s degrees require some of the same courses, but a Bachelor’s degree tends to offer a more comprehensive education. You need to complete 60 credits to earn an Associate’s degree, which takes about two years of full-time study. A Bachelor’s degree requires 120 credits, which you may be able to complete in about four years. Some of the courses you may take at this level include Algorithms, Introduction to Data Structures, and Computer Architecture.

A Master’s degree can further your knowledge in this field. It requires two years of full-time study beyond your Bachelor’s degree. You earn 30 credits and courses like Embedded Systems and Digital Communication. A Ph.D. takes an average of seven years, which takes the average student seven years.

The cost of your tuition depends on a variety of factors, including which school you attend, whether or not you are a New Hampshire resident, and what financial aid you get. However, the average cost of tuition in New Hampshire is $18,200.

You can lower your out-of-pocket costs by applying for New Hampshire scholarships. The New Hampshire section of the ASCE awards scholarships both to engineering students and high school students that plan on studying engineering. The New Hampshire Society of Professional Engineers also awards a number of scholarships every year.

All licensing of engineers in New Hampshire goes through the New Hampshire Joint Board of Licensure and Certification. Before being awarded your license, you must pass the Fundamentals of Engineering exam. You can then fill out your application and send it to the board. You can begin working as an engineer as soon as you receive your license in the mail.

Scroll to Top